10 Major News Stories You Should Know This Saturday Morning
Here is today’s summary from Nigerian Dailies
1. The Special Adviser to President Muhammadu Buhari on Political Matter, Babafemi Ojudu has formally declared to run in the coming Ekiti election. He said his choice as the All Progressive Congress (APC) governorship candidate will fast-track the defeat of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) in the state.
3. The All Progressives Congress (APC) has advised the Lagos State chapter to wait for another National Executive Committee meeting or the National Convention to make its case over NEC’s decision to extend the tenure of elected and appointed party officials.
4. A report says the Federal government cash transfer of N5,000 every month to 10,623 beneficiaries in Kaduna State drawn from nine local government areas has now commenced.
5. The Rivers State Chairman of the All Progressives Congress (APC), Chief Davies Ikanya, has warned Governor Nyesom Wike against overheating the polity with his utterances ahead of President Muhammadu Buhari’s proposed visit to Rivers.
7. A report has it that security operatives attached to the Niger state Governor, Sani Bello, on Thursday, opened fire on angry youths chanting ‘Sau Daya’ (one-tenure) for the governor. Footage of the incident emerged on Friday.
8. Prince Emmanuel Kanu, the younger brother of the leader of the Indigenous People of Biafra, IPOB, Nnamdi Kanu, has alleged that leader of the Biafra Movement, BIM, Ralph Uwazuruike kidnapped the IPOB founder and sold him to the military.
9. A report says barely 24 hours after the official launch of a five-year roadmap for peace strategy in Plateau State by President Muhammadu Buhari, suspected herdsmen have reportedly killed 15 persons in the state. The attacks occurred in Nzharuvo community of Bassa Local Government Area Thursday night.
10. A report has it that a major air disaster had been averted when an Arik plane made an emergency landing in Ghana after smoke was detected in the cabin. The incident involved a fully-loaded Ghana-bound Dash 8 NextGen propeller aircraft with registration number, W3304 Stephen.
The post 10 Major News Stories You Should Know This Saturday Morning appeared first on LATEST NIGERIAN NEWS BREAKING HEADLINES NEWSPAPERS.