7 Things You Should Know About The New ‘Companies and Allied Matters Act’ (CAMA) As Passed By Senate
Tuesday, May 15, the 8th Senate made history with the passage of the repeal and re-enactment of the Companies and Allied Matters Act (CAMA), which is the biggest business reform bill in Nigeria in over 28 years.
Here are 7 things that you need to know about this Bill.
1. It will make Nigeria’s business environment as competitive as its counterparts around the world.
2. With CAMA, one person can now open and run a company. This is good for start-ups and young entrepreneurs.
3. It promotes the use of technology in the registration of businesses.
4. CAMA removes all the unnecessary regulatory provisions for small companies.
5. It reduces the minimum share capital for companies and start-up in Nigeria.
6. It creates another new category of legal identity for Nigerian businesses.
7. It ensures that Nigerians can now register their businesses from anywhere in the country through the e-registration system.