Federal Government Approves Eight New Private Universities
Federal Government on Wednesday approved the take-off of eight new private universities across the country.
The decision was taken at a meeting of the Federal Executive Council, FEC, presided over by President Muhammadu Buhari at the Presidential Villa, Abuja.
The decision was announced by the Minister of State for Education, Professor Anthony Anwuka at the end of the FEC meeting
Anwuka listed the new Universities to include:
- Anchor University, Ayobo, Lagos owned by Deeper Christian Life Ministry;
- Arthur Jarvis University, Akpabuyo, Cross River engineered by the Clitter House Nigeria Limited;
- Clifford University, Owerrinta, Abia owned by Seventh Day Adventist Church;
- Coal City University, Enugu operated by African Thinkers Community of Inquiry College of Education, Enugu.
- Crown-Hill University, Eiyenkorin, Kwara floated by Modern Morgy and Sons Limited;
- Dominican University, Ibadan, the brainchild of Order of Preachers, Nigerian Dominican Community;
- Kola Daisi University, Ibadan came from Kola Daisi Foundation;
- Legacy University, Okija, an idea of The Good Idea Education Foundation