JAMB Makes N8.5bn From Sale Of 2017 Forms!
As registration for the 2017 Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination closes today (Friday), the Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board has said that an unprecedented number of 1.7m candidates registered for the examination.
The Head of Information, JAMB, Mr. Fabian Benjamin, who said that the number of registered candidates have “never been recorded in the history of the board’’, however, noted that JAMB had put in place adequate facilities to accommodate the upsurge in the number of candidates.
interview with our correspondent on Thursday, noted that the board would conduct the 2017 UTME on April 13.
He said, “In 2016, about 1.2million candidates wrote the examination. It was the same in 2015 and that was why we projected for 1.5milion candidates this year. This year, registration period was reduced from six months to one month. But, despite the short registration period and capturing of 10 fingers, we have recorded 1.7million candidates. This shows the effectiveness of our processes. It also shows that whenever you have a setback you should not step back.
Benjamin also noted that less than 10 per cent of registered candidates sat for the mock examination which held on Saturday. He added that the results had been released to the candidates.
Sources: Vanguard Newspaper